How virtual classes work?
Since Covid-19, we have all had to figure out how to keep up our health and fitness. We are delighted to be able to offer Physio-led Virtual Clinical Pilates classes from the comfort of your own home! These classes still maintain the personal and interactive nature of our in-house classes. The Physiotherapist teaching the class is able to adapt the exercises for varying abilities, and will be able to give feedback on how you are doing throughout the class. Here is how to get started:
- Sign up for a class using online booking system or contact us at 0863582911 / email@example.com.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link and instructions to how to join the virtual class.
- We will be using Zoom which is easy to use and can be accessed through your phone, laptop or tablet. You will need to download it to use it on a mobile device. Here is the link to download it: https://zoom.us/download
- We recommend that you log in for your first class a few minutes early as it may take a few minutes to set up. Try have your mat set up, shoes off and be ready to go.
- You are welcome to turn on your video so that we can see you and make sure that you are doing the exercises correctly. Try have your video pre positioned so we can see you fully!
How Online Telehealth Physiotherapy works?
When people think of Physiotherapy, they often think about a ‘hands-on’ treatment. However, there is actually a lot that can be done through Physiotherapy without the risk of physical contact.
Through video consultation, your Physiotherapist will be able to take a detailed history of your condition, asking you specific questions to get a thorough understanding of the root of your disorder. Following this, you will be asked to do some simple movements so that the Physiotherapist can asses your movement. Through this assessment, your Physiotherapist will be able to get a good understanding of your issue, and get you started on a treatment plan.
A treatment plan may involve specific advice on what to do or not to do to help improve your symptoms, a individualised home exercise program, and sometimes some self treatment techniques can be taught over video.